Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
C A R R O T C A K E C O O K I E S
These are crazy good and I think they taste pretty darn similar to carrot cake! Not going to lie though, they are kind of messy cookies to make but are soo FUN, because of all the ingredients. The picture below is all or most of the items I used to make the cookies.
- 3 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- ¼ cup ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Shine Organics Elevate pouches (can be replaced with 2 cups of apple sauce)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup pecan milk @malkorganics
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (from my neighbors tree)
- 1 cup finely grated carrots (approx. 2-3 large carrots)
- ½ cup raisins (or more to taste)
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 2 large handfuls unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Finely grate the carrots and then set aside.
- Mix this oat flour, oats, flaxseed, cinnamon, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- In a second medium bowl, mix the Shine Organics Elevate pouch with, melted coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup and milk until combined.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients until a batter comes together, and then stir in raisins, grated carrots and coconut flakes so that they are evenly dispersed throughout the batter.
- Using an ice cream scoop or small spoon, scoop 12 round balls of batter onto the lined baking sheets (leaving space in between).
- Wet hands and gently flatten and shape the cookies (as they will not spread in the oven).
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown.
The batter should look like the picture above. Its very sticky after everything is combined and mixed together but if you wet your hands a little bit its easier to work with.
- 1/2 cup of vegan cream cheese (I used Kite Hill)
- 1/3 vegan butter (I used Earth Balance soy free)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- This is best used when you have a kitchen aid mixer or something close to its power.
- Add the cream cheese, slightly soften butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract into the mixing bowl.
- Blend until light and fluffy may need to add more powdered sugar to reach desired consistency.
Please tag me in your creations on Instagram @haley_ferretti