Creamy Avocado Pasta
LOOK AT THAT CREAMINESS!
I hope this is making you hungry because I think I'm going to have to use my ripe avocados to make a big batch of this again. This Avocado Pasta is super simple to make, only requires a blender and 1 pot to cook your pasta in.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup of yellow onion
- 1/2 cup of basil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of water (more if you need too)
- 10-12oz of spaghetti (I used @jovialfoods brown rice spaghetti)
- 2 cup of steamed broccoli
- Cook pasta to al dente.
- Add salt to the water to prevent pasta from sticking together.
- Put into the refrigerator to chill.
- Cook broccoli in boiling water the until soft and set a side.
- Add all other ingredients to a high speed blender.
- Blend until creamy, add more water if you need too mine had trouble blending at first.
- One thing I would change is to add some spiciness to the dish. To spice it up add some cayenne pepper if you think the dish needs a little.
- And lastly eat within 10-15 min after made because the avocado will turn brown… and no one wants to eat brown pasta!
I've use lots and lots of different gluten free pastas. When I tried Jovial Foods spaghetti it tasted and had the same texture of the angel hair pasta I grew up on. Let me know what your favorite pasta brands are.