Did you know you can make donuts vegan...
Well you can make almost anything vegan these days and these were pretty simple to create! The only thing I'd recommend you buy is a donut pan. They aren't expensive I bought mine at TJ Maxx's for around $5 and I know they sell them at most stores for a similar price.
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour (I used @arrowheadmills)
- 1/2 cup plant based milk (I used @malkorganics )
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp of cacao powder (I used @navitasorganics )
- 1 1/2tsp baking powder
- a sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1tsp of ACV
- 1tsp of vanilla extract
- 1tbsp of ground flax with 3tbsp of warm water
- 1/4 cup vegan butter slightly melted
- Set oven to 350°
- Mix all ingredients together until you have a cake like batter consistency
- Pour into your donut pan and bake for 10-15min or until golden brown.
- After cooled you can ice your donuts!
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- filtered water add 1 tbsp at a time
- natural food coloring (I used @colorkitchenfoods)
- To make the icing you have to pick a consistency that you desire. Start with 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Add 1 tbsp of water at a time until you reach a nice butter like consistency.
- I added a lot of powdered sugar and very little water, it made a very think coating which was easy to decorate with.
- For the coloring I added blue and pink dye for different hues of blues and purples, have fun with it!