Garlic Braided Bread Sticks
These bread sticks were something I have been wanting to make for while now and I am so glad they came out so GOOD! My family and boyfriend had these gone within minutes of them leaving the oven, still was able to snag a few good images for you guys but don't think these will last in your home very long! I will be making these again very soon.
- 3 cups of organic flour
- 1 packet of quick rising yeast
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoon of coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup oil olive oil (extra for toppings)
- 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
- 3 table spoons of nutritional yeast
- 3 minced cloves of garlic (1 more minced clove for the topping)
- pizza sauce for dipping
- Add 1 packet of yeast, sugar, warm water and let that sit for 10 min it should start form a bit.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into a large bowl and knead throughly.
- Place the dough into a lightly oiled bowl.
- Cover with a warm towel.
- Leave for 1 hour to rise.
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- After dough has rose roll out onto a sheet of parchment paper 1/2in thick.
- For braided bread sticks cut into thin slices and braid 3 pieces together and continue.
- For normal bread stick cut into 1-2in strips and form into bread sticks.
- Once you have formed the bread sticks the way you want mix 1 tablespoons of oregano, 1 minced garlic clove, and 1/4 cup of olive oil in a small bowl.
- Lay your bread sticks onto a baking sheet.
- Paint the bread sticks with the olive oil coating.
- Bake for 10- 12min for regular bread sticks.
- Bake for 15-20min for braided bread sticks.
- They should be golden brown when done!
Above are images of what the yeast mixture should look like after 10min of sitting. It should look slightly foamy at the top because the sugar feeds the yeast.
This how you should roll out the dough after rising for 1 hour then cut into strip depending on how you want to make the bread sticks.
Coat the bread sticks with the olive oil mixture and they should similar to the picture above.
Bake and enjoy! Please tag me in any of your recreations on Instagram @haley_ferretti :)